Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler!



You can't help but experience Mardi Gras if you grow up in Louisiana but it wasn't until my parents moved to South Louisiana that Mardi Gras became a special holiday for me and my family! I have many great memories of bringing college friends home to celebrate Fat Tuesday in the French Quarter. Remember....what happens in the Quarter, stays in the Quarter!
Now that my parents have retired and moved to North Louisiana, I'm sure my traditional Mardi Gras days are over. The fact that I'm a responsible wife and mother has put a damper on my French Quarter days as well! I'm sure the jury is still out on how responsible I am! With great parades held here locally and good friends and family to celebrate with, I'm looking forward to new Mardi Gras traditions!

Scott and Merritt on David's porch enjoying
Spanish Town parade post-Katrina.

Same fence... but look how much she's grown!


Morgan waiting for her school parade to begin.

Sisters enjoying Leapster downtown before the Spanish Town parade begins.

Look who found the baby!
Until next year.....Laissez les bon temps rouler!

2 comments:

  1. We have had some great times at Mardi Gras. Morgan is a seasoned reveler for sure. GranMe

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great pictures!! Thanks for showing them.

    ReplyDelete