Thursday, January 22, 2009

Maestro Morgan


Morgan began her second semester of Suzuki violin. She is really enjoying the group and private lessons. Before Christmas she was invited to play in the holiday concert at her school performing several variations on Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star! Over the holidays I have not been the best Suzuki mom and it showed in last week's lesson. I was impressed how much Morgan had retained over our hiatus but this week in our group lesson, I think she felt a slight bit behind of her fellow students! We buckled down and practiced and it definitely paid off yesterday in your private lesson! Morgan you did a beautiful job playing Lightly Row and were thrilled when Mrs. Elaine introduced you to a new song! Keep up the good work and you'll be on to another song in no time!
As a mother, I am always looking for life lessons to teach you and Merritt. Yesterday, I realized you learned one on your own when you turned to me and said, "Wow, the practicing really paid off!"

No comments:

Post a Comment