Thursday, September 3, 2009

Who Says You Can't Judge a Book By It's Cover?

With college football beginning and the temperatures lowering, I was excited to share this sweet book and DVD with the girls. If you haven't read The Legend of Spookley the Square Pumpkin By Joe Troiano, pick up a copy today! It's a sweet story about our differences and how you can't judge a book (or a pumpkin) by it's cover. And with fall just around the corner, it's the perfect time to read about pumpkins!

This particular book set came with a DVD which I watched with the girls the other night. It's quite a bit of an adaptation of the book but still teaches the moral of the story ~ You can't judge a book by it's cover! To which Merritt replied, "But I can't read! That's how I can tell if it's a book I want to read! I look at the cover!" Being a little bit after bedtime and feeling confident that both my girls know we are kind to all of God's creatures, I let it go!

No comments:

Post a Comment