Thursday, September 24, 2009

Biscuits and Jelly, Every Southern Girl's Dream!

To conclude Apple Week, Merritt's class had an apple tasting party. All the children brought something apple-flavored to share with the class. Merritt brought biscuits and apple jelly! She swore she would not try it but I hoped she would! My family knows my two favorite foods growing up were biscuits and pie! Anytime the extended family was together someone would ask, "Beth, what's your favorite food?" And I would always say, "Biscuits and piiiiiiiieeee!" in the most beautiful southern drawl! I am pleased to report that following the apple tasting party, Merritt is officially a biscuit lover! Now I'll have to get her hooked on piiiiiiiieeeee!

What's up next for the girls? Merritt heads to the zoo tomorrow and Morgan swings on over to the circus!

6 comments:

  1. As soon as I saw the title of your post, I said 'Biiiscuits and piiiiie' to myself... and now I'm hungry! Merritt will eventually cave in to the pie, there's too much "Beth" in her not to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it blueberry pie your fav? How about you Amy what's yours? A Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blueberry pie is a very strong favorite only if it's grandmother's recipe. chocolate cream pie is a close second!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mine is Strawberry Pie from Strawn's.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mine is Coconut Cream from Strawn's

    ReplyDelete