Sunday, March 28, 2010

If You Can't Decorate the House, Decorate Cookies!

Other than Christmas, I don't decorate our house for other holidays. Too much effort, I guess. I have a feeling Merritt is going to change that! She has been asking for weeks about decorating our house for Easter. I've put her off as long as I could. While visiting my grandmother today, Scott got our Easter decorations out. When we returned home and I saw the sad little pile of eggs and broken baskets, I knew I had to come up with something good!

"If you can't decorate your house, decorate cookies!"

The girls had a great time making the dough and rolling it out!
They especially loved icing and decorating them, though!

They even made 'M' shaped cookies. Purple for Morgan.


And pink for Merritt, of course!

They did a nice job and Momma enjoyed finishing the job when they got tired. We have plenty to share if Daddy doesn't eat them all tonight!
It was a fun diversion to house decorating but I'm sure I'll be hitting the after Easter sales to satisfy next year's decorating adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment