Monday, August 17, 2009

Second Grade on the Second Floor

Today our household woke up with a 2nd grader in it! Morgan asked me to wake her up at 6:45. She popped out of bed, quickly dressed and headed downstairs for breakfast and to help me make her lunch! We were pulling out of the driveway at 7:32 a little worried that we might be at school too early! Wow, Momma is liking second grade so far!
Morgan was so excited on the way there. She had already prepared me the night before that she would like to be dropped off in the carpool line rather than my traditional way of walking her to the classroom on the first day of school. I knew this day would come but I really thought it would be 6th grade or high school or what's wrong with waiting until college!

She was so ready to get out of the car and head to the 2nd floor, I'm not sure what I said to her. Surely I said goodbye and I love you! If not, I know she knows it!
Thanks for the look-back Morgan! That makes up for not letting me walk you to the classroom!

Next year, I'll know to roll the window down! Or better yet, park the car after carpool line and sneak to your classroom! Not walking my princess to class on the first day of school..... not so sure Momma likes 2nd grade!

3 comments:

  1. What a good Mom you are, Beth! Not wanting you to walk her to class shows that you've given her an amazing gift. She knows that you are confident that she can do anything! Nothing better for a child to know! Have a great year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the words of encouragement! I have fretted about not being there with all of the other moms. In fact, Morgan woke up in the middle of the night last night saying she was worried. I tried to work things out with her to no avail....this morning she remembered nothing! Here's hoping I have instilled some self confidence!!! Thanks!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morgan can do it all!! A Jane

    ReplyDelete