Thursday, February 17, 2011

Lost Valentine

Do you ever have those days when you feel like you are spinning your wheels? Nothing being accomplished on the "to-do-list?" Hopelessly wondering if you are making a difference, being the mom or person you need to be? Well, today was one of those days for me! Until I found this guy, an elephant Merritt made at Parent's Night Out at church the other night. Sunday at church, the children's director asked me if I had seen the elephant as she was beaming from ear to ear. "Oh, yes! So cute!" Well, I had seen it, but not really! When I found it today, I remembered her smiling face and wondered what did she see so special in it that I hadn't?


His precious ears held a precious message to me and Scott from Merritt and quickly answered my question! Yes, I am serving a purpose and making a difference! Even if the laundry isn't all folded and the kitchen counters are piled to the sky with school papers! She won't remember all the laundry I did, meals I cooked or dishes I did. Those aren't the reasons she wrote "I Love Mom" and "I Love Dad" on those precious elephant ears! Thank you sweet Merritt and thank you sweet elephant for letting me find you today!

No comments:

Post a Comment