Wednesday, April 21, 2010

A Snowy Day ~ An ArtBreak Entry

A story Merritt wrote at school was entered in a local student's art festival, ArtBreak. Her teacher gave me a copy of the story today. Morgan also had a literary work entered this year. They are both excited to go to the festival this weekend and see their stories on display!

A Snowy Day
by Merritt Hughes
One cold February day it snowed. I thought it was good. My grandparents brought my family a sled that they saved for a very long time. They were waiting for it to snow so we could use the sled. My sister and I went sledding in the front yard. We got on the sled and my daddy used the rope to pull us. My daddy is really strong. There is a little tree in the front yard that we tried to go around together, but we fell in the snow. My sister tried to go around the tree by herself and she didn't fall! Then I tried it by myself and I didn't fall, either! We were outside playing on the sled for a long time. We were getting really cold so we went inside and had some hot chocolate. It was a fun day.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck girls at ArtBreak. Uncle Joe, Aunt Amy and Jacob are so proud of your accomplishments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GranMe and Poppy are so proud of you. You have such wonderful things to say and are great story tellers.

    ReplyDelete